Oct 9, 2006

08/10/06 - 00:00:00 - ...

got back from Pompidu just in time before my hotel closes at 01:00. then boarded my train to Bordeaux on time (it was a tiring trek at Montparnase, with my luggage). So far smooth... at Bordeaux the info counter is closed. Its a SUNDAY! Manage to get a 7day pass for the tram&bus. But still late at 'Cercles des Universitaires' by 10 mins. Their reception is closed between 12:00-18:00 on SUNDAY! Oops! got to wait on the road now for next 6hrs.... not exactly, since I meet a prof from IISc who is also staying there.. well I can atlast leave my luggage safe, and roam about. But then, more ppl join us for lunch - great to have sambar, pulav, rice & dosas after pastas and potatos with just pepper for spice. Then follows a trip to one of the guests house, and a wonderful movie (Ripley's Game). Back at 'Cercles ...' in time to get the room keys ... a day full of unexpected events...

No comments: